Evergreen Premier League rules as established by the EPLWA Competition Committee
2. League Operation Rules (2018)
A few highlights from the League Operations Rules (these are NOT all of the rules. See them ALL here.)
All Evergreen Premier League (EPLWA) soccer players on EPLWA team rosters will be registered with the Washington State Adult Soccer Association (WSASA) in the Premier Player category.
All EPLWA soccer players must possess and upon request present proof of registration by displaying their WSASA Player Card prior to participating in an EPLWA soccer match.
All EPLWA soccer players will compete as amateur athletes and will not receive any monetary compensation whatsoever for playing soccer in EPLWA soccer matches.
EPLWA does not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, bias or harassment of any kind by its clubs, players, coaches and staff.
All EPLWA club soccer players, coaches and staff will hold themselves to a high standard and embrace unity, respect, fair play, equality and acceptance.
Serious foul play, violence and fighting will not be tolerated by the league.
Any abuse or assault of a Referee, Game Day Staff or Fans will be handled by the WSASA/USSF and may result in a Player Card suspension or revocation by WSASA. In addition, assaults may be referred to the local police authorities as well.
Teams are fully responsible for the conduct of their in-active players who are in their bench area. In- active player misconduct will be reviewed by the league disciplinary committee for possible disciplinary action against the offending in-active player.
CAUTIONS – YELLOW CARDS
All cautions fall to zero after serving a one game suspension.
In addition, all cautions fall to zero if a player appears in five consecutive matches without receiving an additional yellow card.
1. Two cautions in one game Minimum ONE game suspension
2. Three cautions in one season Minimum ONE game suspension
EJECTIONS – RED CARDS
Misconduct towards a player – first offense
1. Misconduct after a caution Minimum ONE game suspension
2. Foul or abusive language Minimum ONE game suspension
3. Violent conduct Minimum THREE game suspension
4. Serious foul play Minimum ONE game suspension
5. Fighting Minimum SIX game suspension
LEAGUE COMPETITION STANDINGS
WIN = Three Points TIE = One Point LOSS = Zero Points
At the end of a scheduled season of competition, the team who has accumulated the highest number of total points in the final standings will be declared the seasons’ league champion (winner).
When two or more teams are tied in final standings on total points, the following head-to-head tiebreakers will be used:
1. Number of Head-to-head Wins / Head-to-Head Total Points
2. Goal Differential (GD) – between the tied teams – not weighted home/away goals.
3. Goals For (GF)
4. Road Goal Differential
5. Road Goals For
6. Home Differential
7. Home Goals For
8. Coin Toss (2 teams) or Drawing of Lots (3 or more teams)